When purchasing a new kitchen, there are so many different things to think about and lots of questions that need answering, but one element that we are asked about more than any other is our design service. There are many elements to our design service and a few different things that we need from you, so we thought we would make a guide just to answer any queries you may have before choosing this service.
- Before you decide on purchasing our design service, there are a few steps that we recommend you take. First of all gather some inspiration through our website and social media accounts where we have the most beautiful images of our kitchens on display. You can also download the brochure from our website which has so many beautiful detailed images as well as more information on the kitchens and our processes.
- Once you've started to get an idea of what styles and designs you think you like, come and visit us. It's great to get inspiration from images on different online platforms, there is nothing like seeing our kitchens in person. We have a showroom here in Norfolk where we have lots of our beautiful kitchens on display. We'll also give you a tour of the workshop whilst you're here, which is where we manufacture every single one of our kitchens!
If you book in for a visit with us, (we're open Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:30pm) one of our kitchen designers will spend some time with you, and give you some more information about what we can do for you and hopefully help you streamline some of your choices down. At this point it's very useful to bring a few details with you including; a simple floor plan- this can simply be a sketch of the room, styles or samples that you like and any other useful details about your project.
Photography- Anna Stathaki, Interior Design- Hannah Gooch Studio
What we provide:
- Starting with simple drawings of the room structure, we work closely with you to produce a fabulous design for your kitchen. Our team of designers are not just renowned in the industry for being so creative and brilliant at what they do, but also for being genuinely lovely people to work with. We will always do everything we can to ensure we design the perfect kitchen for you, so we will work and communicate with you throughout the process.
- Our first design will take around 1-2 weeks to produce, and then after this, time is very much dependant on the clients approval of the design. We usually allow another one or two weeks to get everything ready to go to manufacture after confirmation of design.
- Following an in-depth consultation with you, either over the phone or in our showroom, we will produce a CAD design with 3D renders and plans. This will include your appliance preferences, cabinetry/storage requirements, room dimensions and any other details on your 'wish list'. This design will hopefully help you to visualise what your new kitchen will look like!
- Once you've received your design, we welcome your feedback and will be more than happy to complete a set of changes to your design. A quotation for the kitchen design will then be supplied to enable you to move forward with your order. Following order placement we can then fine tune and tweak your design slightly in preparation for production.
- Once your kitchen moves into production after all your order details have been confirmed, our current lead time for production is approximately eight to twelve weeks dependant on size, style and complexity of the kitchen.
Why We Charge:
- We offer the design service as a separate chargeable service. As with everything we do, we are transparent with our prices so we don't ever build the cost of designing into the cost of our kitchens. As some of our clients choose to go straight to order, they will not choose this service. The cost of the design service is subsidised to account for the designer's time and we can then offset 50% of the £600 cost against a kitchen order once the order is placed.
- As a manufacturer, we do also have the flexibility to offer a route where the client can proceed straight to order based upon their own plans or drawings. This option does tend to be really popular with architects and designers as they can come straight to us with their requirements for us to manufacture to accordingly. During this process, we would still supply the client with plans, elevations and renders for further tweaks to be made as required before moving the cabinetry into the manufacture stage.
Your Beautiful Kitchen:
- We can create so many different kitchen designs as we are 100% bespoke. Odd shaped spaces, bespoke design features or speciality timbers are all challenges that we love to take on, and we will always try to create your perfect kitchen. Check out our Instagram for more images of the beautiful kitchens we can create!